Thursday, December 19, 2013

Saving Turtles ~Sitting in my drafts from last week....oops!

So, I'm the type of person that sees a turtle trying to cross the road who stops and helps the turtle. I never thought it was something out of the ordinary, but as I grow up more I find that there aren't a whole lot of people that really care about the turtles in the world, these are the folks that would rather turn a blind eye and not know that there's bad things going on in the world.

Being the type of person that I am, I stopped to pick up a turtle out of the road yesterday. This turtle was quite large, but was obviously scared out of his wits because he was hiding in his shell. I picked up the turtle and put him back in the grass near the water in the field.

I will save just about anything, I even worry about snakes, even though I can't stand to be around them! *shudder* I just imagine that the turtle is grateful, I didn't change the world, but I changed it for that one turtle that one time.

Can we as humans do something truly selfless? I keep wondering if my need to save creatures means that there is something innately wrong with me, because I seem to be in the minority. What are your thoughts?

As usual, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment