Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bittersweet Home Visit

Original Post: 02/20/2011

So tomorrow I go to do a home visit for Eva, I am SO nervous. I have done quite a few home visits, and have approved plenty...as well as not approved a few. But, this one is bittersweet...Eva is my little sweetie, she has been with me for over 6 months...she came to me as a scared little girl that had NO training. She is now a sweet girl that is very well mannered, knows her commands, and confident. 


On one hand I know that this is the right home, but on the other hand every bad scenario goes through my head about what could go wrong. I know that this is my paranoia getting the better of me. This family LOVED Eva when they met her, and she seemed to love them. (The real test was that when they were holding her leash, and I walked away she did not freak out and go crazy trying to follow me...she simply watched me walk away and turned her attention back to them) I have a very good feeling about them, so there is no bad feeling, it is just the fact that I will miss her. 

It is so heartbreaking, but at the same time a happy event to find a foster that you have loved and cared for a permanent furever home. It means that you can move on and help another...but will she feel that I abandoned her, just like her first family did? She is SO attached to me, is she going to get there and act out because she thinks I gave her up? I know this is ridiculous, but it makes it no less emotionally hard to let her go. Every foster that I have helped, took a little piece of my heart with them to their new home. But, after a couple of days, and a positive report I will move on and begin to help them next one that is so sick, scared, or needy. I will love them as if they are my own....and let them go when the purfect furever family comes along for them in the future. (-:

It does get easier...I promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment