Monday, March 18, 2013

Small acts make a big difference!

I found this picture as I was perusing Facebook and ran across the Four Legged Barkery....you can visit them on Facebook here....

I agree SO much with this picture.
There are those that that tell me my endeavors in Pit Bull Rescue are fruitless...this picture is how I feel. I save lives, I make lives better, and I help educate to keep others safe.... that includes humans, Pit Bull Rescue is as much about keeping the animals safe as keeping the humans safe.Education, Education, Education! What more reward is there?

“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I choose not to be silent....I choose to speak out.....I choose to act....I choose to be able to look in the mirror every morning and know that I am trying my hardest to make a difference.

To make a difference, one does not have to live and breathe rescue, there are small things that can be done that can have a huge impact and really make a difference. If you see abuse, report it, stop it, speak up for those that can't speak for themselves! 

~Donate newspapers to your local shelter if they use them
~Donate a bag of dog or cat food to your local shelter or rescue
~Sponsor a spay or neuter, at most low cost places it is well under $100, and its tax deductible
~Spay and Neuter your own pets, if they are not show dogs, they do NOT need to reproduce. (In some cases even the show dogs don't need to reproduce, and hopefully the responsible handlers will make sure they dont')
~Volunteer one day a month to walk dogs that won't get out of their pens if volunteers like you don't give them attention. You help get them socialized, and get their extra energy out so they have a way better chance of being adopted. 
~Donate used collars and leashes to the shelter or rescues....those dogs own NOTHING, give them a small glimmer of hope. If they look like pets, instead of strays they have a better chance of being adopted!
~If you shop online, you can go to iGive and the store you shop at will donate  a small amount to the charity you choose....or you can simply use the search engine and generate a penny for every legitimate search...those add up! Click here to check out iGive for North Texas Bully Rescue. You don't HAVE to sign up, but you can, and it will help even more. Honestly, I have had the button on my computer for a while, and it is not intrusive...it will pop up in the corner and alert me to a site that donates, then I can dismiss it. It's that easy!

There are tons of other ways to make a difference, no need to dedicate every single day, just do something small....if enough people do something small, that makes a HUGE difference. Besides, even if you just walk a dog once a month, you gave that sweet soul a glimmer of hope in an otherwise dark world....isn't that worth it? Not to mention what it does for your self esteem and perspective on life when you help improve the lives of others. 

*Please feel free to contact North Texas Bully Rescue at adoptabull.org@gmail.com if you have questions or comments. PLEASE visit our website here to check out what to do if you have a Pit Bull you found, or you have a dog that you need help rehoming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment