Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sweet pup with no name, but a bright future!

I called and talked to Humane Society North Texas (HSNT) to check on the little pup that got hit. As she tried to find the puppy I thought I was going to receive bad news, it was taking an awful long time and my list of dogs that I have turned into the shelter is quite short! I turns out that the person that input my name mispelled it, so we figured it out and the little guy has already been adopted. I wish I knew his name, or his new owners names so I could tell them what he has been through. All I can do is hope that a sweet little guy like him will have a good life ahead of him, and will NEVER be in the position to get run over again.

There are so many bad things that happen in rescue, it can quite frustrating. We face sick dogs who have been mistreated in every way possible. It seems to be insurmountable odds to find good homes that will treat them right. Not to mention, we deal with a maligned breed of dog, so we also face discrimination on top of that. To have good news is always something we cling to, the good news drives us through all of the bad news.

Can you make a difference, even in some small way? YES you can. Here are some easy ways...
~donate your newspapers to your local shelter, they use them in the pens, especially with pups
~Pick up an extra bag of dog or cat food and drop it off.
~Drop of your used collars that are still usable...your used collar might be the ONLY possession of a homeless dog, and might help them get adopted because it makes them look more like a pet than a stray.

And most of all, DON'T look the other way, speak up for those that can't speak for themselves. The pup might not have a name to you, but that does not mean they are not an individual that deserves a loving home, and deserves NOT to be abused, neglected, or mistreated in any way. A name doesn't mean much, but a moment of your time to make a difference, that means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment